For my very first post, I figured I would just share a little bit about myself and why I decided to start blogging again. First and foremost, I missed writing for fun. As a content creator and copywriter, I spend most of my work days writing and editing, so it’s often difficult to convince myself to write in my spare time (especially since I work remotely and want to do other things besides sit at my desk).
My goal is to become excited about writing for fun again so I can get past the writer’s block that has been hanging over my head for the last year or so. I’ve been working on a series of short stories that I’m really excited about, but can’t seem to pick up again after hitting a wall last year.
Anyway, here are just a few fun facts about me:
- I can’t live without travel. In fact, I pretty much work solely to fund my travel addiction (and provide a comfy life for my dogs, of course). So far, I’ve been to 10 countries! Next on my list are Ireland, Greece, Japan, Egypt, Australia, and New Zealand.
- I love learning new things. Perhaps it’s the ADHD speaking, but I get a huge rush of dopamine from learning a new skill or fact and being able to apply it somehow. I have a doom box of miscellaneous craft materials for this reason. Anyone looking to trade for some yarn or paint?
- You could probably tell from my header that I like Adele. But more than that, I grew up on music and love just about all kinds. Whether it’s 70’s rock, 00’s pop, or today’s alternative – you’ll find it all on my Spotify profile. (And yes, even country… #sorrynotsorry)
- One time I met Karamo and Bobby from Queer Eye because I snuck into the VIP section of a concert, and I have zero regrets because Karamo actually does give the best hugs ever. And he told me I have the most beautiful eyes *swoon* so yes, I do replay that moment in my head a lot.
- Probably not surprising, but I consider myself a bibliophile. I love being surrounded by books; my happy place is in the library with an iced coffee. Of course, I like to read them, too. But just looking at them is like therapy for some reason. Just me? Is that weird?
So there’s that. Did you learn something? Good! I hope you’ll stick around for more random thoughts that are sure to make their way onto my little corner of the internet. Until then,
Leave a Reply